Santa Claus Parade
THE 36TH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE
DECEMBER 2nd, 2022
THE 35TH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE
DECEMBER 3rd, 2021
THEME: COVID CHRISTMAS DRIVE-THRU PARADE.
The Edson and District Chamber of Commerce has worked very hard to come up with a way to have a Christmas parade while following covid restrictions and keeping our community safe, so we will be having a ‘reverse’ parade this year. The floats will be stationery and vehicles with spectators inside will drive by the floats. In order to have a parade, we must abide by the AHS Regulations concerning Covid 19 restrictions for the safety of the participants and all concerned.
AS PER AHS RULES/REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS DURING COVID 19, THE FOLLOWING MUST BE ADHERED TO DURING THE PARADE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE BY HAVING AFLOAT IN THE PARADE:
- You must remain on your float or in your vehicle that is hooked up to the float. You cannot leave your float to visit with the spectators in vehicles driving by during the parade.
- Absolutely no distribution or transfer of candy or any other items.
- AHS discourages singing, chanting, yelling, or any type of wind instrument. Clapping, waving, clackers, and bells are encouraged.
- Participants on the floats should be from the same ‘pod’, if not, you must physically distance the required 2 metres and wear your mask, please. However, we strongly suggest that you have a smaller number of people on the float and the few that you do be from the same pod.
The floats will start to arrive at 5 pm and be parked and ready for judging by 5:45 pm with the drive-by of public viewers in their vehicles starting at 6 pm. The event will also be virtual so our seniors and anyone at home can watch.
The Parade will be held on 1st avenue with floats entering on 54th street, and parking on the south side of 1st ave.
The drive by of vehicles will start at 6pm until 8pm.
This is a drive thru parade only, walking by will not be permitted.
Contact Person _______________________________________________________
Phone number and email _______________________________________________________
Please read all the above information before signing
- Phone:780-723-4918Opens in your application
- Email:email@example.comOpens in your application